Projects under Implementation:
- Financial Inclusion Through Digital Financial Services (September 2019- August 2021)
Grow Nepal in implementing this project in collaboration with Prabhu Management Private Limited, Nepal's leading DFS provider, in 100 cooperatives of Far West Province and Province- 5 of Nepal. The project is financially and technically supported by Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) - Business Partnership Platform (BPP)/ Australian Aid. The project aims to promote financial inclusion in remote rural market centers through development of digital financial services in 100 cooperatives, providing financial literacy to 25,000 seasonal migrant families, business planning of 100 cooperatives, capacity development and mentoring to the cooperatives.
- Business Plan Preparation and mentoring services to Farmers Seed Enterprises Supported by LI-BIRD (September-December 2020)
Grow Nepal is providing consultancy services to Local Initiatives for Biodiversity, Research and Development (LI-BIRD) for finalization of Seed Business Plans and providing Capacity Building Support to Farmer’s Seed Enterprises in Sudurpaschim Province. The objective of the assignment is to assist the project team in finalizing the business plans guided by Sowing Diversity= Harvesting Security (SD=HS) program principles, develop tools to track the progress and provide mentoring, capacity building and advisory services, including necessary accounting and management training to Farmer’s Seed Enterprises (FSEs) in achieving their business targets.
- Android Based Financial Management Application for SMEs
Grow Nepal is working on the development of android based financial management application (App) for small farmers and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSMEs). The App is very simple and will support smallholders and MSMEs who do not have the capacity to prepare and analyze their financial transaction, to record their transaction easily in their mobile/smart phone and generate financial reports such as cash flow statements, profit and loss account, balance sheet. The application will be instrumental to address the problems of SMEs like; inadequate capacity in Financial Management, high cost of human resource for financial accounting and management, not having financial history limiting MSMEs on getting access to finance from Bank and Financial Institutions and not having knowledge of financial status of the enterprise. The application will be launched by Mid of November, afterwards the MSMEs can download it from play store and use for their financial management purpose.
- Business Mentoring and Technical Support to Handicraft Enterprise
Grow Nepal is providing technical support to Women Skill Development Organization, a Fair-Trade Enterprise dealing in handicraft sector based in Pokhara to increase their employability and profitability benefitting around 700 women from poor and vulnerable community of Kaski District. We are providing regular mentoring and Business Development Services to the enterprise for increasing their profitability, business management skills and income. It provides regular coaching and mentoring in accounts keeping, financial management, improving governance and promote the marketing and linkages of handicraft product.
- Business Planning and Entrepreneurship Development Training to 4 seed enterprises, organized by - Local Initiative, Biodiversity, Research and Development (LI-BIRD) – March 2019
- Accounting Training to managers and accountants of 10 cooperatives (September 2020)
- Cooperative Member Survey on Use of Digital Financial Services in Far West Province of Nepal Under Promoting Financial Inclusion through Digital Financial Services Project